Much can be accomplished through collaboration! I will here briefly introduce myself. Please get in touch if you are interested in further details.
I am interested in the development of people in private and professional contexts and in working with people with diverse backgrounds, cultures and beliefs.
I am working as a systemic psychotherapist, supervisor, coach, consultant and trainer. My initial training as a therapist was at the Kensington Consultation Centre in London, where I achieved a Master in Systemic Therapy. I also hold a Diploma in Systemic Family Therapy from the Lehranstalt für Systemische Familientherapie in Vienna and I am registered with the Austrian Ministry of Health to work as a psychotherapist. Following further training and practice, I am also registered to work with children and young people. I have also completed advanced trainings in brainspotting practice for working with trauma and emotional stress.
My experience as a psychotherapist includes working with families, couples and individuals in therapeutic and counselling centres since 2005 and in private practice in the UK and in Austria since 2008. In addition, I have been teaching systemic practice in different contexts including as a visiting lecturer for Systemic Leadership and Organisational Development at the University of Bedfordshire, UK.
Besides my clinical work, I also have a business background and have worked for more than 20 years in and with organisations. Located in Austria, in the Netherlands, United Kingdom and the Dominican Republic, I have been responsible for managing business development, sales, strategy, M&A, change and organisational projects. This international leadership and organisation development experience also informs my work as a coach, consultant and therapist.
- Magister degree in Business Administration, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Master of Science in Systemic Therapy, Kensington Consultation Centre, UK
- Master of Science in Systemic Leadership and Organisational Studies, University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Professional Doctorate in Systemic Practice, University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Psychotherapist – Systemic Family Therapy, Lehranstalt für Familientherapie, Vienna
- Trauma therapy: Brainspotting practitioner, Brainspotting Austria
Registrations and affiliations
- Statutory register of psychotherapists, Ministry of Health, Austria – 2016
- Register of psychotherapists trained in psychotherapy with children and young people – 2018
- Accredited as consultant for parents according to § 95 Abs. 1a AußStrG regarding the specific needs of minors related to divorce, Ministry for Families – 2017
- Association of Austrian Psychotherapists – 2017
- Austrian Chamber of Commerce, Chapter Business and Organisational Consulting – 2008
- Association for Family Therapy (AFT) – 2007
- TAOS Institute – 2014
Oliver, C. & Miksits, M. (2016) Leadership: putting our systemic sensibilities to work. Context, December(148), pp 14-20.
Miksits, M. (2017) Games of Imagining and Discursive Reﬂexivity in Systemic Practice, Human Systems, 28, 317-350.
Miksits, M. (2019) Systemic Practice for Work with Teams and Organisations in (eds.) A. Novacovic & D. Vincent, A Group Analytic Approach to Work with Staff Teams and Organisations, London: Karnac