Much can be accomplished through collaboration! I will here briefly introduce myself. Please get in touch if you are interested in further details.
I am interested in the development of people in private and professional contexts and in working with people with diverse backgrounds, cultures and beliefs.
I am working as systemic psychotherapist, supervisor, coach, consultant and trainer. My initial training as therapist was at the Kensington Consultation Centre in London, where I achieved a Master in Systemic Therapy. I also hold a Diploma in Systemic Family Therapy from the Lehranstalt für Systemische Familientherapie in Vienna and I am registered with the Austrian Ministry of Health to work as psychotherapist. Following further training and practice I am on the register of therapists with trained in psychotherapy with children and young people. I have also completed advanced trainings in brainspotting practice for working with trauma and emotional stress.
My experience as psychotherapist includes working with families, couples and individuals in therapeutic and counselling centres since 2005 and in private practice in the UK and in Austria since 2008. In addition, I have been teaching systemic practice in different contexts including as visiting lecturer for Systemic Leadership and Organisational Development at the University of Bedfordshire, UK.
Besides my clinical work, I am having a business background. I have worked more than 20 years in and with organisations. Located in Austria, in the Netherlands, United Kingdom and the Dominican Republic I have been responsible to manage business development, sales, strategy, M&A, change and organisational projects. This international leadership and organisation development experience also informs my work as coach, consultant an therapist.
- Magister degree in Business Administration, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Master of Science in Systemic Therapy, Kensington Consultation Centre, UK
- Master of Science in Systemic Leadership and Organisational Studies, University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Professional Doctorate in Systemic Practice, University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Psychotherapist – Systemic Family Therapy, Lehranstalt für Familientherapie, Vienna
- Trauma therapy: Brainspotting practitioner, Brainspotting Austria
Registrations and affiliations
- Statutory register of psychotherapists, Ministry of Health, Austria – 2016
- Register of psychotherapists trained in psychotherapy with children and young people – 2018
- Accredited as consultant for parents according to § 95 Abs. 1a AußStrG regarding the specific needs of minors related to divorce, Ministry for Families – 2017
- Association of Austrian Psychotherapists – 2017
- Austrian Chamber of Commerce, Chapter Business and Organisational Consulting – 2008
- Association for Family Therapy (AFT) – 2007
- TAOS Institute – 2014
Oliver, C. & Miksits, M. (2016) Leadership: putting our systemic sensibilities to work. Context, December(148), pp 14-20.
Miksits, M. (2017) Games of Imagining and Discursive Reﬂexivity in Systemic Practice, Human Systems, 28, 317-350.
Miksits, M. (2019) Systemic Practice for Work with Teams and Organisations in (eds.) A. Novacovic & D. Vincent, A Group Analytic Approach to Work with Staff Teams and Organisations, London: Karnac