Dorothea Miksits is a systemic family therapist and a clinical psychologist and leads the therapy and counselling service of Consultation House.
Dorothea Miksits has studied psychology at the University of Vienna, sexual therapy at the Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo and has an MSc degree in Systemic Therapy from the University of Bedfordshire, UK. She has a diploma in Systemic Family Therapy from the Vienna Lehranstalt für Systemische Familientherapie that qualifies her to work therapeutically with individuals, couples and families. Dorothea has additional qualifications in systemic constellation work and trauma therapy (EMDR and Brainspotting) and is accredited to work as psychotherapist with children and young people.
Dorothea Miksits has a broad experience working with children, young people, individuals and families in private practice in Austria, hospitals and in therapeutic and counselling centres in Great Britain and in the Dominican Republic. She provides systemic therapy, consultations, systemic constellation work, couple and parents counselling and coaching. She also offers supervision for the social and healthcare professions.
- Magistra degree in Psychology, University of Vienna
- Master of Science in Systemic Therapy, KCC & University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Systemic Family Therapy, Lehranstalt für Familientherapie, Vienna
- Clinical and health psychologist
- Accredited EMDR Practitioner, EMDR Institut Austria
- Brainspotting Practitioner, Brainspotting Austria
Registrations and affiliations
- Statutory register of psychotherapists, Ministry of Health, Austria – 2010
- Statutory register of clinical psychologists, Ministry of Health, Austria – 2016
- Statutory register of health psychologists, Ministry of Health, Austria – 2017
- Registered certified psychotherapist to work with children and young people – 2018
- Austrian Psychological Professionals Council (BÖP) – 2015
- Association for Family Therapy and Systemic Practice, UK (AFT) – 2007
- TAOS Institute – 2014