Couples consult us to take stock of their relationship, to overcome difficulties, to clarify or improve the relationship, or to make important decisions for their future. Couple and marriage counselling is an instrument to invite insight and agency, and develop forward movement in your relationship.
Concerns that are raised in couple and marriage counselling include
- Growing confidence and commitment in their relationship
- Managing conflict
- Revisiting the purpose of the couple relationship
- Questions of separation or divorce
- Questions regarding affairs, jealousy or trust
- Cultural or religious diversity in couple relationships
- Seeking to improve relationships with children or parents
- Bringing up children and adolescents
- Drinking and addiction concerns
- Dealing with life changes, health conditions or financial problems
- Dealing with depression, anxiety, obsessions
- Intimacy, sexuality and sexual identity
- Support with traumatic experiences, violence or abuse
- Dealing with loneliness
- Mood swings or anger issues.
We welcome couples of all age groups, cultural background, ethnicity, race, religion and sexual orientation.
If you would like to discuss our service and how we might meet your therapeutic needs please contact us.