When parents divorce this often poses huge difficulties for their children to process. Parents therefore, at this very challenging time for all involved, are having the important responsibility to consider the needs and welfare of their children.
The Austrian legislator supports parental responsibility, constructive parental collaboration and the positive development of parent-child-relationships. Austrian law therefore frequently mandates parents to attend a consultation session focusing on the specific needs of children in the context of separation and divorce.
Topics that will be addressed in a consultation for parents, according to § 95 Abs. 1a AußStrG (mediation law):
- Your hopes for the consultation
- Rights and needs of your children
- The relevance of separation and divorce for your children‘s
- The child’s perspective
- Influencing the experience and situation of your children
- Possible reactions of your children and how to respond
- Challenges involved in being a divorced parent
- Ways to make it easier for your children
Please contact us for further information or to make an appointment.
Mag Dr Martin Miksits, MSc
Psychotherapist – Systemic Family Therapy
Accredited as consultant for parents according to § 95 Abs. 1a AußStrG regarding the specific needs of minors related to divorce