Most families find it useful and effective to attend family therapy sessions together because this creates new opportunities to listen and support each other. Parents, children, grandparents, patchwork families, friends and other people involved are therefore most welcome to attend sessions.
Concerns that are raised in family therapy sessions include
- Seeking to improve relationships within the family
- Working together as a family and dealing with complex issues
- Bringing up children and adolescents
- Dealing with life changes
- Drinking and addiction concerns
- Difficulties in schools, such as bullying or making friends
- Problems with learning, attention or with adapting to new situations
- Separation or reconstitution of families
- Dealing with depression, anxiety, obsessions
- Self harm and suicidal thoughts
- Eating disorders
- Work related issues like stress, conflicts, career concerns
- Coping with life changes or severe illnesses
- Coping with loss of loved ones
- Support with traumatic experiences, violence or abuse
- Dealing with loneliness
- Mood swings or anger issues
and other dilemmas and concerns that we meet in our lives.
If you would like to discuss our service and how we might meet your therapeutic needs please contact us.